Pages

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

My 24 Year Old To Do List

I'm a big list maker, all kinds of lists, grocery lists, closet lists (things I want to/need to add to my closet), to do lists and life lists. Yes I'm sure you didn't realize that there were so many types of lists that one could make, but I'm here to shed light on the issue for you. 

Me in my pajamas with my notebook of lists. Yes Owls. Yes you're jealous.

So anyway lists... each new year I make a resolution lists of sorts, it usually has like two things on it: exercise and some other lame thing. This year I decided to make a "Year of 24 List." While most people decide to have a quarter life crisis type episode at 25 I like to do things early and ya know hit the ground running. I have 3 friends who just got engaged, a number of friends who just started amazing jobs that they love, even more friends moving to these amazing places, and just well I know a lot of people doing a lot of things, and thus the "Year of 24 List."

This is not to say I haven't accomplished anything in life yet... I moved to NYC, I landed a great job, and have made a ton of GREAT new friends. Yes great things have happened to me over the past few years, but I feel like I want to push myself even further. Now I don't want to mislead you I haven't created a list of these HUGE LIFE ALTERING THINGS that I want to happen to me, it's more a bunch of little things that I would like to incorporate into my life over this upcoming year to make me a little happier. 

You say so what, I say no one asked you... these little things which will cause me happiness and happy people always attract greatness. That is a fact, TRY and disprove it. Now I won't share the whole list with you but here are a few highlights....

  • Buy one album per week - Yes I love music but I also don't really purchase it anymore I want to expand my I actually own this collection. Music makes me happy
  • Take more photos - in college it was super cool like you had to take hundreds of pics every night to document all these great moments with your friends. When did this stop. I want photos to remember all my great city adventures will all my fabulous friends. Need to bring this back.
  • Budget Money Better - I have a shoe problem, yes I know its a problem. All the money I could possibly save goes to shoes. I need to cut back. The pictures below do not include under my bed and or under my desk at my office... WOOPS.
This is not even close to half of my collection 
Still not even close...
  • Be Open to Possibilities - I tend to have a very particular picture of how my life will turn out in my head. This picture tends to get in the way of letting other things happen because well what's the point right if they aren't in that end picture. This is a bad habit and needs to stop.
  • Get Inspired - I know this is uber general but I haven't had something inspire me in a super long time and I would love to find something that could do this.
Anyway that's a mini snap shot into my mind/list making/craziness. I hope you stick around to see how it all turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment