Pages

Friday, September 2, 2011

A Match Made in Heaven? Lou Reed & Metallica

Lou-tallica? Maybe?

Lou Reed & Metallica will be putting out an album together on November 1st. I realize this is semi-old news, but I finally got around to thinking about it today so chillax... especially since I learned that the album cover art has been completed - it's weird check it out here.

Any way... for those of you who are wondering - Who is Lou Reed? - Let me bring you up to speed - even though this should be unnecessary. If you don't know who Metallica is I CANNOT help you, and you shouldn't be reading this, but I digress. Lou Reed is probably most famous for his time spent with the Velvet Underground <- again if you don't know what that means stop reading here. He went solo in the 70's and put out a sweet song called Take a Walk on the Wild Side, which happens to be a favorite of mine.

Now that we got the background details done, I must say I'm surprised this combo hasn't been tried earlier. Apparently the idea sparked in 2009 when they played together at MSG for the Rock 'N' Roll Hall of Fame 25th Anniversary concert (which was awesome). There hasn't been much news on the album other than it's happening. I'm interested in what this duo can produce together. With both of their histories I'm sure it will be a gem. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment