Pages

Thursday, April 12, 2012

New Orleans Love

My friends and I were talking about the city of New Orleans the other day, and for those who don't know me, when it comes to New Orleans -- I'm Obsessed. It is one of my favorite cities, coming in second only to New York, and I'm actually planning a trip for my 25th birthday in September! New Orleans is simply amazing and hard to describe, but if you haven't been you really should make it a point to visit one day.

Here are a few reasons why New Orleans is great:

1) You can drink on the street. That's right kids you can walk into a bar order a beer and if you aren't feeling it you can walk right out, with beer in hand, and move on. Uh-Mazing.

2) The People are the friendliest people I've ever encountered. It's true every single person I met, from waiter to random stranger on the street was incredibly friendly, always asking what I've seen so far and making suggestions on where to eat/hang/drink/visit and so on. They really LOVE living in New Orleans and want you to love it too!

3) Mardi Gras. Yes this may be obvious but trust me until you experience it you have no idea how much fun this really is. 

4) Cafe' DuMonde - this is a famous cafe' in New Orleans and its so fun! It's outside under this huge canopy where you can order THE BEST COFFEE (and I'm harsh about my coffee) and Beignets - deliciouso. 

5) The Weather - I was there in February and all I needed was a light jacket. Mind you I'm sure in July I wouldn't love the weather but hey this is based off my experience so we're gonna stick with this reason. 

6) The French Quarter. You literally feel like you are in a small European town, when you're actually in the state of Louisiana. Gotta. Love. It. 

Those are just a few reasons but seriously YOU MUST GO VISIT. Here are some visuals for you:






No comments:

Post a Comment