Pages

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Fun. the band

So I'm becoming a little obsessed with the new band Fun. yup that's right Fun. I don't know why, I can't explain it but when I hear their music I get happy.

Nate Rues of the Format formed this band which calls it's home New York City (another part of them that makes me happy). Ruess left his native Arizona after the Format broke up and headed to NYC to grow his craft - Here is where FUN. was formed with Andrew Dost (of Anathallo) and Jack Antonoff (of Steel Train).
what cuties
Moving right along they recorded an album titled, Aim and Ignite in 2009 and from this point on they've been a breakout band gathering a strong following along the way. In 2010 they toured with Jack's Mannequin and later that year they toured with Paramore. Most recently they've been out on the Campus Conciseness Tour with Janelle Monae. They will be heading out on another tour for the first half of 2012 - unfortunately no NYC dates were scheduled boo, but hey what can I do.

Their music is awesome Ruess definitely kept his West Coast roots/feel with his music. The jam band, indie rock feel is all over their tracks. They are definitely a youngsters band with their new generational-esque song titled - We Are Young.  Take a listen and I hope you fall in love with them too!!! Also check out the Acoustic version too (right here) it's amazeballs.

No comments:

Post a Comment