Pages

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

An Embarrassing Tale of Shoe Shopping

So as you know this past weekend was jam packed with activities from museum visits to street fairs. Basically I covered a lot of happenings in the City. I also however needed a new pair of sneakers so after getting ready for my Saturday affairs I decided to run down to Union Square to check out the athletic apparel store: Paragon.


Amazing Asics

As you can see I completed my mission successfully picking up a great new pair of Asics, but that's not to say there isn't a slightly embarrassing story to be told. So if you recall from my weekend wrap up entry I was wearing this outfit:


me in my rocking outfit

Well at Paragon they like to be efficient and make sure that you leave the store with the best sneaker for you. This is great right! Who wouldn't want to leave with the best, that fits like a glove and caters to the awkward graceful way I run? What I didn't realize was to determine what shoe would ultimately fit this criteria I would have to run barefoot - Or in my case in TIGHTS - on a treadmill for all to see. Please picture the scene. Me running on a treadmill in the above outfit in a store full of people who just came in from the gym. Holy Awkward.

To top it all off - I apparently run in a slightly strange manner. I'm sure this doesn't surprise most of my friends but WHATEVS. One leg hits exactly the way it should straight on in a straight line while the other (my left) hits at such an incredibly weird angle that the girl was amazed I haven't blown out my knee yet. Thanks for that. She was so stumped that she had to call over other employees to also take a look. Not embarrassing in the least.

She finally succeeded though and I've been rocking the new sneaks out at the gym all week so - so far so good - hopefully I don't hurt myself anytime soon wearing them.

What about you any embarrassing shopping experiences in your past?

No comments:

Post a Comment