Pages

Monday, October 31, 2011

Music Weekend Wrap-up: Florence & the Machine, Metallica, The Cranberries and MORE

I'll be putting together my Halloween in NYC weekend wrap up later today, but I figured I would start this Monday off with a little summary of some interesting music news that came out over the weekend.

- Metallica Fans in India SMASH the Stage after cancelled Show
  • So apparently Metallica had to cancel a show in Dehli due to safety reasons with stage barriers and what have you. The crowd was so enraged that they TRASHED the stage and most of the venue as well. Good call boys on cancelling who knows what could have happened during the show. Yikes.
- The Cranberries are Attempting a Comeback
  • I don't know about you but this definitely peaked my interest. This will be there first album in over a DECADE. The last Cranberries tune I really even remember is due to the fact that it was on the Romeo & Juliet Soundtrack - you know the flick staring Leo (swoon) and Claire Danes. I'm excited to see what this album will be like. Click HERE for a mini preview.
- Florence and the Machine Currently Streaming Their New Album in it's Entirety!
  • Need I even say more!!! GO CHECK IT OUT NOW. This sophomore album from the gang will not disappoint!
Their 1st album Lungs also great

- MTV Tracks Down the Star of the Los Lonely Boys by the Black Keys Video
  • As you know the new single/video by the Black Keys is pretty darn catchy - as featured right here on City Melody last week. To learn more about Derrick T. Tuggle yourself read this.
That's the eye catching news from the weekend - let me know if I missed something.

No comments:

Post a Comment