Pages

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Garden State + 500 Days of Summer = A Good Day

So I think my Pandora is able to read my mind sometimes. It seems to know EXACTLY what to play at the EXACT right time. Okay yes I've entered in enough bands and songs and such that it should know but this is not the point. The point is - it always comes through...

Two of my favorite movies in the entire world are 500 Days of Summer & Garden State. Not only are they great effin flicks, but they have great soundtracks. Granted I realize these movies aren't for everyone. They don't exactly have stellar happy endings but choose to depict how life really is. To this day my dad constantly gives me shit for LOVING the movie 500 Days of Summer. He yells about how Summer is a bitch but really she was just honest - she wasn't feeling it so sue her. As for Garden State well half the people I talk to don't even understand that movie and they think I only like it because I'm from NJ (Shh don't tell anyone).

But the soundtracks I mean they are UH-MAZING and apparently Pandora agrees. I'm pretty sure throughout my work day today I've heard over 60% of both soundtracks singing through my speakers. Regina Spektor, The Shins, The Smiths, Feist, Coldplay, Frou Frou, Simon & Garfunkel.... you get it.

I love music days like this! Such a great way to get through an otherwise busy, tedious stress filled work day!



What are some of your favorite soundtracks? Or work day jams?

No comments:

Post a Comment